Original idea can be found here.
We started by laying the letters out, and I didn't like the ones I bought when they were stacked like this original. They were not proportioned the same way. So we played around with them, and we decided to leave them in a line, and make them a mantle piece. Then after prepping another set of words, and more playing, we really like them stacked on top of each other. So here is what we did, and how.
So this one is my favorite. I loved the Renaissance Brown with the silver. (It will look fabulous on a fireplace mantle instead of a chair, too.)
This was the first one we did, and I like the silver better than the gold. But, I didn't feel much like sanding it and starting over. So gold and bronzish it is.
We painted them with a few different craft paints. This one is Gleams Silver, and then we used some tacky glue to "drip" on it and added silver glitter.